Dado Balde

IIRC Mike was debating the choice of a new dado set.

I just got an e-mail fro ACME tools.

The Forrest 8" Dado King set is on sale for $249.99 until 1/28/2017

I don't know if you are steering that direction or not or if it compares in price to other brands but Amazon Prime has the set for $300 and I paid $279 12 years ago at Rockler after a 20% discount.

Leon

I noticed in the features that there is a 30 day money back guarantee. Just in case you are not happy.

Reply to
Leon

...or happy but have just one project to complete. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Thanks for the link! I'm happy to buy my tools from the same place as Wile E. Coyote. :-D

Reply to
-MIKE-

BEEP Beep!

Reply to
Leon

Thanks for the link!

I think it's mmeep mmeep!

Tangent: Years ago I saw a film that documented the foley artists responsible for making all the sound effects for the Hanna Barbara cartoons. The guys were slapping their hands against some leather on wood for the sound of Fred's feet against the ground when he was driving his car. The whole process was hilarious. I think that would've been a dream job for me. They were all very creative and imaginative people.

They used a lot of different percussion instrument-- congas, xylophones, cleaves and wood blocks. The whole process lends itself to drummers very naturally.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I think I saw something like that for pre TV days when the radio shows had to improvise.

Reply to
Leon

Being the Foley artist and getting a cameo role would be even better! (i.e. the horse hoof sounds in Monty Python)

-BR

Reply to
Brewster