Cutting P-formed Countertop

A magazine I saw today featured a JIG for cutting Post Formed Countertops such as the one a reader had a problem with last week (and posted here).

Basically, it is two pieces of 3/4" MDF or plywood (one bout six inches longer than the counter top is deep and the other about six inches longer than the backsplash is high/tall.

These are joined at right angles so as to lay on the counter top (with the counter top positioned "right side" down).

A strip of wood is fixed to the edge(s) to guide a "skill saw" base plate as it cut through the MDF Support and the Counter-top below, then run "down" the back side to cut the back splash in the same fashion.

With the "good side" down, it appears to meet all the requirements for a clean cut and could be adapted ( I suspect) to cutting the 90's our OP required.

Sorry I forgot to note the name of the publication!

Reply to
resrfglc

Pat Barber

" You mean this one:

jig mimics the simple guide a lot of people use to cut plywood, but it has a second (shorter) leg that wraps around the backsplash.

Reply to
resrfglc