Cutting high pressure laminate or melamine

That sounds like PVC. It's available in most nearly all the plastic laminate colors. Unless you've found something I've never seen I'd bet it's PVC.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

You are probably right. Does what you have seen have the same texture? Once applied, I looks just like the top and bottom of the Melamine boards. Trims with a razor blade or chisel. Also what I have seen is only in white although that may be the only color that the store stocks.

Reply to
Leon

I used to use a similiar method until I bought one of those 48" straight edge clamp dealies like norm uses. You clamp it to the fence and there is a channel that the laminate slides into. You gotta do a little math for setting your width but it sure works slick. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

Well, it has the texture of PVC.

Unisaw A100

I like the overlapping idea cutting it with a router

)... the edges may not be perfectly straight, but they will both be the exact same shape...

Reply to
Todd

For that matter, you can trim it with a block plane and a scraper, too.

Doug Miller