Cutting curve on Oak

Im making some kitchen chairs that have curved back legs. When I cut the legs on my bandsaw, Im getting some sort of tearout in different places in the middle of the cut. The Oak is 6/4. Each leg which is 3 feet long has 2 or 3 "holes" torn out. Its not tearlout like you get at the edge of a cut. It looks like a hole ripped out of the edge of the wood. In other words it cant be seen from the top or bottom so its not a knot in the wood causing it. Could it have anything to do with the grain changing directions since Im cutting curves?

Reply to
utrecht