Cutting Board

Lars, Get some bees wax and canola oil,combine the two so that when it is cool it will be a soft solid similar to soft playdough. Apply this very very warm to your cutting board,let soak for 3 hours or so (longer would be fine also)than wipe/buff off. I have been using this combo for many years now and my customers love it.It last for 2 years and more as long as it is wiped off with a clean damp cloth when finished using.

This old tale about not using anything other than mineral oil as all the other oils go rancid is BS. Unless you have such a large amount of oil that is pooling on your cutting board (does anyone really go and apply large amounts of veggie oil so it pools and puts it away with all this excess oil on it?) when you put it away in a wartm humid place there is no way veggie oil is going to go rancid.

Regarding bleaching the cutting board to clean it why bother as a study was done comparing wood cutting boards vs plastic cutting boards at the Univ.of Wisconsin (I think it was there) food tech dept. that found wood cutting boards were safer as when wiped clean bacteria died in the wood while bacteria grew on the plastic cutting boards. Merry Christmas Jerome

Reply to
JRYezierski

Peanut or soya-bean oils will not go rancid, others do. I use soya-bean, it's cheaper

Barry Lennox

Reply to
Barry Lennox

You must be single ;-)