Cutting 3.5" foam insulation board

Hot wire works beautifully with a jig or template. Cuts equally well in all directions, IOW a mother to control freehanded. Smells like burning styrofoam, best done outside.

Reply to
Father Haskell

and use 781 dry silicone to help the knife glide through the foam easily. = =A0 I don't know about foam insulation. =A0Might try some 781 dry silicone = to help the knife glide through the insulation. =A0Should be available at y= our local upholstery supplier -

whisk a light coating onto the knife bl= ade and cut away.

Paste wax works fine.

Reply to
Father Haskell

For 1", use a nice little linoleum (or other hawkbilled) knife.

Firefighter kerambit (in my truck)
rigging knife (in my backpack)

-- While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness. -- Gilda Radner

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Old beater-grade panel saw. Strip the teeth, file to a knife edge. Wax. Should almost melt its way through without making dust.

Reply to
Father Haskell