Curly Woods

I came across a web page the other day

. They are called Curly Woods. I spoke with them, it seems they will ship just about any amount of wood any where. Prices didn't seem to bad. Any body ever used them ? Web page looked good. I was surprised, thought it wouldn't pay to ship. Seems possible.

Regards, Chris

Reply to
Chris

Chris asks:

I believe their rep is good. The wood selection looks fine. Prices are a shade on the high side, but you're getting extras in that one side is straight line ripped and all stock is claimed to be select grade. That means it costs the dealer extra, so it figures he'd have to charge a bit more. The time savings in not having to joint one side can be considerable.

Charlie Self "He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire." Sir Winston Churchill

Reply to
Charlie Self

Hi Chris,

We appreciate your interest in Curly Woods and our products. Our woods are hand selected for each individual order based upon the customers desires. If there is ever an issue with wood that is purchased from us we offer a 100% money back guarantee, no questions asked. Our only desire to have happy long term customers.

Please feel free to call us toll-free at 866.Mr.Woods (866-679-6637) if we can be of service to you.

Happy Holidays!

Reply to
Curly Woods

FWIW, I needed a special order of some thick walnut stock and e-mailed Mike (the owner of Curly Woods) about it. He responded very quickly and told me to call him directly so we could talk about it. We wound up exchanging several e-mails while he was trying to find the exact piece that would fulfill my needs. I'm guessing he spent a couple of hours of his time to fill a $75 order (counting shipping).

I haven't had the need to deal with him again, but I wouldn't hesitate to do so, as he showed a high level of commitment to customer service. I've even considered making a road trip to his shop (it's about 4 hours from where I live) just to browse through his stock.

Chuck Vance (no affiliation, etc.)

Reply to
Conan the Librarian

Reply to
nospambob

I'm fortunate enough to be about 15 minutes down the road from Curly Woods. I've been there several times and always left happy. Highly recommended.

Reply to
jeffhuettner

I have visited their shop several times. They have nice stuff! Great people to work with.

Grant

Chris wrote:

Reply to
Grant P. Beagles

This place is only 30 minutes from my home. I'll have to check 'em out, too.

Reply to
Mike H.