Crocpot Paint Striping

Hi group, What does one use in a Crocpot to strip paint? Liquid dishsoap or fabric softener? Thanks, Jim

Reply to
James

The demo I saw was just straight water and 6-8 hours.

Reply to
Daryl

diggerop

Thanks, That was what I was looking for. I had heard it mentioned on one of the episodes but they didn't explain it. Jim

Reply to
James

You're welcome

Reply to
diggerop

Try using TSP instead of liquid laundry detergent. I clean my paint brushes, pans, pots, etc., with TSP and the dried paint comes right off. Seems to me they even mention this use on the box (Rainbow brand).

John

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

This is first I've heard of this method. Very clever and cheap. I think I'd look for a cooker on Freecycle, though, and dedicate it to stripping. Lots of that old hardware is covered in lead-based paint. I wouldn't want to trust that just washing out the pot would remove all of the lead (and other good chemicals).

Reply to
scritch

I picked my Crockpot at a local thrift store. I used TSP in it with some China brisle brushes and it melted them. Did i do somethinf wrong? Jim

Reply to
James

Add a dash of molasses, and it'll strip off any rust, too.

Reply to
Father Haskell