craftsman sander Model #113.22580

Quote; Nova ( snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net) Said, You didn't mention the brand name. If it's an old Craftsman Model

113.22580 the motor and stand should be worth a few dollars. For the sander itself, I'd say the value is $0. I've got one. A Christmas gift from the wife years ago. Need I say more?
Mine's about 15 years old and shows VERY little sign of wear. That's because I >have never been able to get the belt to track. If it's Model

#113.22580 I'd

say it worth about $5.00 for the motor, maybe a little more if you can use the >stand.

What Jack said. The problem with this sander is that it has a single bearing on the idler (outboard) drum which never will allow it to track correctly. A friend of mine went to the effort of turning discs and capping the idler drum. He turned the discs to take bearings. It did improve things.

My Dad had one and it was a pain from day one. Besides the tracking issue the motor mounted to the sheet metal stand also didn't do it much good as it amplified sound quite nicely.

Tony D. say's I must have gotten a freak then because Mine seems to work just fine;" So far at least. I Install a belt, set the tracking once, forget it and use it.

thanks, Tony D.

Reply to
Tony D.