Craftsman power tools

As far as I could tell, Craftsman has three lines: Craftsman, commercial and the industrial lines. Anyone has experience with the Craftsman commercial and industrial lines. Are they any good for heavy duty use?

Reply to
Fred

all over the map. sears is a retailer, not a manufacturer. they don't make anything, they repackage other's stuff. some is fine, but a lot of it is junk.

Reply to
bridger

You can buy DeWalt, P-C, Milwaukee and others for about the same money as Craftsman's top of the line. Why buy a rebadged Ryobi when you can have a real tool?

Reply to
bob

Wait until they have the "professional" stuff on sale. Like most of the power tools today, I think they are pretty much just mediocre.

They work as well as my PC, DeBlack and DeckerWalt, etc. on the job. Like the Black and Decker/DeWalt relationship, there are some noticeable differences. The regular drills have no name batteries; the pro has Panasonic. The regular drills have nylon/plastic and aluminum drive trains; the pro has all metal.

One thing they have though, is a great warranty program. You can buy a tool and use the crap out of it and if you bought the extended warranty they will replace it in the store for up to two years if you kill it. Notice I said replace, not repair. No waiting, no fighting with some technician, no down time requiring you to buy a tool to work on the day's job.

Many of the other tools that have these long warranties require it to be sent to their service center, then it is evaluated, then they will tell you how they will handle the warranty, or if they even will. This can take a couple of weeks, then another week in the shop.

So if you like the tool, buy it if the price is right.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41