Crafters Needed

I'm just saying, the sales pitch came across the same way.

By the way, we didn't work together at one point, in the IT industry by any chance, did we?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Your name doesn't ring a bell, Dave, but then again I've never been that great at names. Did you work in the St. Louis, MO region?

--Kev> > So you don't wanna buy my knives at the state fair this weekend then?

Reply to
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

Nope, I was thinking a French Canadian who I worked with in the Milwaukee area, who shares a name with you. I'm, er, glad you're not he. Him. Whichever.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

I don't care for Ingram Micro, either. I use Tech Data most of the time...

Yes, APCi is one of my companies. I'm president/CEO there and it's where I spend the majority of my time. I'm confused about your references to "Make Money Fast" and "mail-bomb attempts." I've neither done nor offered to do either one. :-) Care to explain?

I'm sure there's all sorts of fun stuff in the old Doom newsgroups. APCi was once known for a software product that enabled PC users to dial into a BBS and hook up with other users for 4-player online Doom play. This was well before the Internet was used for multiplayer 3D first-person shooters. APCi licensed about 400 units in 26 countries. It was a ton of fun and a great experience. 10 years have gone by way too fast!

I'm not sure I'd be all that keen on production work. I love change. If things stay the same too long, I get stir crazy for sure. But, if I found something that I really enjoyed doing (and I'm lucky to have found that in a few areas of my life) then I'm generally satisfied to repeat it with perhaps some minor permutations.

--Kev>

Reply to
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

If you looked at the link provided it point to a document that explains how to determine where a spam message originated. The example used is a "Make Money Fast" spam message. The author states he received over 600 messages inside of one minute. That message was designed to appear as if he sent it to himself. That message has your name in the header and shows the originating organization of APCi but the extended header show the actual sender was elsewhere.

The message I'm now replying to appears to come from Kevin Sawyer of CraftsDirect, has a message ID from APCi.net, but is posted through Giganews via usenetguide.com. I took note of the similarities is all.

Nova

On several occasions my return address has been forged on spamming. The most recent was actually a virus doing the spamming. If you take a look at the Acceptable Use Policies at APCiNet you'll not that we take spam and other network abuse very seriously.

--Kev>

Reply to
Kevin Sawyer, General Manager

I haven't accused Kevin and my thoughts were actually just the opposite, originally thinking that "Kevin" may not be actually sending these messages.

  1. "Kevin" is soliciting for vendor for "Crafts Direct", "America Crafts Direct" and "USA Crafts Direct" none of which appear to have a web site. I do find a "CraftsDirect" that has a web site and is located in Waite Park, MN but it does not seem to be Kevin's. I suspected this site might be hiding behind a false address.

operates a computer company that also provides internet service along with domain hosting.

I see now that MetroEast.net (indicated in Kevin's email address) most likely is a test server for APCi.net.

I'm probably overly skeptical but something seemed odd to me since APCi is a domain host but none of the "Direct Crafts" Kevin refers to have a web site.

Nova

You're correct, craftsdirect.com is not mine. I have USACraftsDirect.com, AmericanCraftsDirect.com, and HandCraftsDirect.com, none of which have been launched as of yet because I'm still rounding up my initial group of products and craftspeople (which is also why I haven't listed them here thus far).

I didn't feel that you were accusing me of anything but I was certain that some might jump to that conclusion so I asked for clarification. You gave it and I believe it was quite satisfactory.

MetroEast.net has been functional for a long, long time but is primarily for e-mail and some high-end wholesale Internet products (T-3s).