corner pillars?

I am building a small box (like a finely made jewelery box) and on the 4 vertical corners I want put a rounded Roman like column on each corner edge. The column would be on order of 5 inches tall Are there products out there for something like that with a 90 degree cutout that would be glued over the vertical edge?

any thoughts appreciated.

Reply to
trents32

IIRC it's called "3/4 round moulding" which has the 90* cutout. Might have trouble finding the right profile for a roman column so be prepared for some carving or machining.

/vic

Reply to
Victor Radin

Reply to
trents32

Reply to
trents32

it's an acronym.

If I Recall Correctly

Reply to
Bridger

consider building up the shape you want from several moldings

Reply to
Bridger

Create the post, then rabbit out the back edge to create the 90degree cutout

John

Reply to
John Crea

I've seen them at the borg. They might be over by the table legs and stuff like that.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

Reply to
Jakes452

Home Depot. They move into an area and assimilate all competition, like the Borg (e.g. cyborgs) of Star Trek.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt