Curved or corner hobs - any comments?

Has anybody had experience of curved hobs (whether gas or electric) or right-angled hobs used in corners of kitchen surfaces, whether on a 45 degree corner surface, a curved surface or a regular 90-degree corner?

There are a couple of examples here:

I would like to know how people might have found working in a corner like that, particularly with a right-angled hob. I'm looking at options for our kitchen which has a few limitations which might be alleviated by having a corner hob instead of in a regular arrangement.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Kilpatrick

We have a normal hob but in an angled corner unit...

(seen here holding up a spice rack)

Working like that seems fine. I would imagine the experience with a corner hob would be similar but perhaps a bit less room for movement.

Main main worry with non standard hob shapes is what happens if you need to replace one - can you get the right shape again?

Reply to
John Rumm

You could make your own, using two two-burner hobs, arranged as desired.

This sort of thing:

Looking at the Franke one, I wondered about safety. If a right handed person is stirring a pot on the left most ring, will his elbow be above the other three rings? There's scope for a nasty steam burn?

Finally, it might be worth lookng at induction hobs.

Reply to
GB