cordless drill problem

I just changed the brushes on my bosch cordless drill. Now the drill will not start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated

Thank Scot

Reply to
srazor

The new brushes need wearing in uniformely.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Sparking is normal. Do the brushed need to be installed in any particular direction, up or down or side?

Reply to
Leon

start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated

You might want to open it up again and check if a brush lead Or other wire is shorting out.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

start turning consistanly and when it does the speed varies is if I was feathering the trigger. Also the brush/commutator area sparks once and a while. Lastly, the brush area on one side ONLY gets very hot nafter I run it for 10-20 seconds. Any advice help would be appreciated

A brush that is tight in its holder will cause this problem. Check that the brushes are sliding easily, and if they are tight, sand them, one stroke on each side at a time, trying them after every stroke.

Reply to
Limey Lurker