Converting table saw to 220V

I try to convert my table saw motor to 220V. Everything seems ok but, according to the schema on the motor, there is one wire who will stay alone.

Is it normal ?

S.B.

Reply to
SBO

No, it will have low self esteem over time. Interactions with others is necessary if it is to get along in the wire society. This is a sad situation.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have changed 3 motors to 240v. Two were simple and made sense. The third was weird. But all three worked fine. I expect yours will be fine also. Probably has something to do with the starting circuitry.

Reply to
Toller

I would guess that the wire unused for 220 volt operation is the neutral (white). Typically, you would have something like red and black as the hot wires and green for the grounding conductor. Sound right?

Chuck

SBO wrote:

Reply to
chuck

Thank you to all.

Conversion was made successfully and nobody was electrocuted.

S.B.

Reply to
SBO