Compressor

Has anyone seen a home/light duty air compressor that can also be used to spray water. Similar to the pressure washer everyone sells.

I'm buying a compressor for a nail gun and a pressure washer feature would be great.

thanks

Reply to
brian johnson

I wonder if a regular portable compressor would be worth the effort. Regular pressure washers normally put out 2000 to 3500 psi. You will not get more than 175 or so out of an air compressor.

Reply to
Leon

True, It get even more complicated. Pressure washers can tout 4000 psi, but that is over a very tiny area at the tip of the nozzle.

The dynamics of fluid power and air power are also much different. Air is easily compressed, liquid is not, making is comparatively easy to come up with high pressures with a small cylinder. The release of pressure is the opposite, making hydraulic pressure much safer if there is an equipment failure. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

It's the tool, not the compressor. A compressor simply supplies air.

Ask at your local pro tool dealers, as I've seen guns that accept a water hose and a compressed air hose. They can be operated with or without a cleaning solvent cup. I can't recall the brand name, but they are out there. I also don't recall the CFM requirements, you'd probably need more than a light duty compressor.

These guys MIGHT have something:

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .