Comments and suggestions welcomed for my shop plans

You have mail......PDF file, diagram of my shop layout and a work flow description.

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Jack, you may want rethink the location of some of your power tools.

I guess i would station your table saw in the center of room for riping boards and along with that your bench should be stationed in front of table saw at the same hight this way it will aid you when your riping lumber or plywood. And will double as a bench too.

Think your trim saw will also need to be in a much better place for your longer stock.

Your Router table just may need a little more room too, ok for short stock but short on space.

I think your on the right track and some advice of all i think you will come up with a very workable shop.......GOOD LUCK!

Reply to
Rob Spear

"BobS" wrote in news:AEPQe.45032$EX.11528 @twister.nyroc.rr.com:

I'm a long-time lurker, but would love to see your layout as well. Would you care to post it to abpw? An alternative is to email me at iebeevoormij at verizon dot net.

Much appreciated!

Reply to
Han

On its way.......

Bob S.

Reply to
BobS

Bob,

Thanks! Your layout did give me some other ideas as to how I might tweak my layout. I know that rerouting ducting for the DC would be a RPITA, but I'm keeping the ceiling open (rafters with no drywall ceiling) until I'm sure that I've settled down on my (pseudo) final layout.

Plus, I'll have ample outlets around the room no matter what!

Jack

BobS wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

Reply to
nospambob

Jack:

Your workshop sucks. How do I know? Same size as mine... It doesn't=20 really work. You suffer it. lol :-)

You have had suggestions as to central placement of the table saw -- BIG =

ISSUE -- listen to them. That's where mine is -- now. Line your saw up=20 so it can take advantage of door ways etc. :-) I often open up the=20 partition door to saw an 8' board... I position the planer so that the=20 finished board goes outside... The bandsaw gets dragged out, pivoted and =

turned -- depends on what I am doing... The drum sander is dragged=20 everywhichway...

I have not found an arrangement that works...

See my equipment page. Bandsaw is on wheels etc...

Much the same equipment and problems.

I am continuously dragging stuff out and shoving it back.

Just find a way to buy a new house. That's all I can suggest. :-(

Some days I get so frustrated I could just... Go and watch TV instead.

Hope you have a sense of humour. :-)

You will need it.

Cheers and best wishes. :-)

--=20 Will R. Jewel Boxes and Wood Art

power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20 who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw

Reply to
WillR