What would it take for me to fix this granite?

Hi,

Please take a look at the following picture that shows the side and the top of a knee wall in my shower. The frameless glass will go on top and the door will be on the right, closing at the edge that is shown.

It seems that the top piece sticks out too much. It needs to be flush with the bottom piece. What's the best way to fix this? And, if I can do it myself, what tools would I need?

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

You could grind it down and polish it but I doubt you would want to do this. Granite guys could do this in a flash. Or you could shim the bottom, which you probably could do. Not sure what material you would use as a shim though. Maybe some kind of black plastic matching as close as you could get to the granite.

Reply to
evodawg

Use a small wet circular saw with a diamond blade to cut a number of closely spaced vertical grooves, then slide the saw horizontally, slowly, to smooth out the bottom of the cut. Piece of cake.

I like the little Makita for such jobs - light and easy to control - and without the water supply and a carbide blade it is a super handy little trim saw. Great for when you're up on a ladder, or just need a quick fairly precise cut.

RicodJour