Clamps storage:

I made the clamp storage from ShopNotes. It uses a pegboard system which allow you to move the shop-built racks around as you add to the collection. I followed up on the design with a tip to put the panel on a hinged frame so you can store more (less used) clamps on the other side. Works great when you have all the clamps in one place--easy to find a clamp and put them away.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have a couple of buckets of those. the clamps still get tangled. I'm presently scrounging parts and ideas for the next version, which will be built on a shop cart I built some years ago. it has a couple of drawers for c clamps and such. I'll include storage for glue, biscuits, dowels and the tools used with those thinga as well as the pipe and bar clamps.

Reply to
bridger

one design requirement for me is that I don't have to fiddle with the jaws to put a clamp into or out of the rack.

Reply to
bridger

What is the ShopNotes issue number?

John

Reply to
John

I put up some shelf brackets (screwed to wall studs) in the garage for clamp storage. Align several in a row for horizontal pipe clamps. Single brackets can be used for short pipes, c clamps, and everything else. The best part is it's really cheap and quick and saves floor space.

"Reynaud" wrote in news:LlHye.6940$ snipped-for-privacy@news1.mts.net:

Reply to
noway

I've got a ladder to store too.

So I hang the ladder up along the inside of the windows, then I can hang clamps off the rails too.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I created a clamp store on a rolling platform, about 2foot square at the base. Supports quite a lot of clamps, with the advantage that I can roll it away when its not needed. I didn't want to use up wall space, so it works well. Can post a picture if anyone is interested.

Reply to
Ian

Reply to
Phisherman