Cheater Chuck

I saw a reference in the archives about a "cheater chuck", something that would let you use 1/2" drill bits in a 3/8" drill. I have an adapter that will do this, but it doesn't hold the bit tightly...keeps falling out. Is there something better?

Reply to
gesres

You can buy 1/2 inch drill bits that have the chuck end turned down to 3/8. In fact, I have a whole set of drill bits and the ones that are larger than

3/8 all have been turned down. I guess I never needed a reducing chuck because I've had these and have never had any trouble with them.
Reply to
Charley

I'm trying to make use of a device that I already have that's 1/2 inch. I suppose I could grind the end down.

Thanks

Reply to
Greg Esres

I found it easier to pick up a 1/2" drill at Harbor Freight for $28.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Greg Esres wrote:

Reply to