Cathedral door templates

I'm a novice at making cabinet doors and need to make the cathedral type. I made a template of the top rail of an existing door and thought the panel template would follow the same curve. I was surprised to see that when I move the rail template down to the panel on the existing door, it does not match up. Are the templates curves different for rails and panels?

Reply to
Neal

Yes, the portion of the panel that fits into the grove of the rail has to be taken into account.

Reply to
Nova

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com