Can I modify color

I'm a fan of the Penofin Marine oil finish for cedar shingles on vertical surfaces. I find the color of the oil is a little to red for a current application and wonder if I could add an oil base tint to kill some of the red look , brown is OK. If this is possible, I would appreciate any suggestions from the group.

TIA Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

sure. got some green tint?

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

"Ed Angell" wrote in news:mKAGc.34167$XM6.16440@attbi_s53:

What does the Penofin web site say? Or their label? Or tech support?

Reply to
patriarch

who cares? of course he can add a tint!

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

"patriarch snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcastDOTnet" "Ed Angell" wrote in

new product and all bets are off as to the lasting properties of the coating. Since the material doesn't hold up worth a damn on horizontal surfaces subject to a lot of moisture, maybe a new product is in order.

Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

A little green should do it. I'd want to know what the pigment was though, and how long-term UV-stable it is.

When I'm using pigments like this, I often find myself using better quality pigments than I really need, just because their makers are used to dealing with artists and are more forthcoming with such information.

Reply to
Andy Dingley