Calculator to work out Cubic feet or metres

My local hardwood supplier talks in cubic feet of cubic metres are there any tools/software or does someone have the caluclations

Example: 40 stair treads 48 1/4" X 12" X 1" And hanging strip 48 1/4 x

3" x 1". (L shape tread) . So how many cubic feet/metres of wood do I need? Regards Connor
Reply to
Connor Aston

To get supplies in a usable form, you still don't want to buy them in cubic measurements. To change inches to centimeters, multiply by 2.54 Try these:

artfulasian

multiply the values given together add them together and divide by

1728....not exactly rocket science,or did I miss something
Reply to
mike hide

Ancient Chinese proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish, and you feed him for the rest of his life.

So here's your fishing lesson.

Volume = length x width x thickness

One cubic foot = 12" x 12" x 12" = (you work it out) cubic inches.

One foot = 0.3045 meters thus one cubic foot = 0.3045 x 0.3045 x 0.3045 cubic meters.

The calculation is left to the student as an exercise.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Dear Sir/s

Further to you fine explination im pleased to supply the answer

Total 16.75 cub ft or 5.1 cub m

Marks please out of 10 - Thanks for the help people.

Reply to
Connor Aston

I though the proverb was "Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him how to fish, and he'll probably buy a bass boat and be unavailable most weekends."

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Someone around here used to say:

"Build a man a fire and you warm him for a day; set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life."

I'd attribute it to the original author if I could remember who it was. I've gotten a laugh from that every time I've used it.

Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Further to you fine explination im pleased to supply the answer

Total 16.75 cub ft or 5.1 cub m

Marks please out of 10 - Thanks for the help people.

Reply to
SwampBug

My calculator tells me that there are approximately 35.31 cubic feet per cubic meter. You might want to reconsider ordering 5.1 cubic meters.

Reply to
A. D. Coby