cubic feet

I`m planning on doing a small concrete job. It will be 3 12 in. wide by 42 in.long by 4 in. thick slabs. I would like to know how many cubic feet are in 1 80 lb. sack of ready mix. Thanx a lot

Reply to
Herb and Eneva

According to this calculator

would need at least 6 bags for the whole job. An 80 lb bag yields .

6 cubic feet.
Reply to
Mikepier

That's .6 cu ft. Forgot the decimal point.

Reply to
Mikepier
1 cubic foot of hardened concrete weighs 150 - 155 pounds.

I NEVER count an 80# sack of premix for more than a 1/2 cubic foot. I've not ever had extras.

Reply to
DanG

I would agree with Mike's number of .6 cu ft for an 80 lb bag

I use .44 cu ft for a 60 pound bag of "bagged concrete mix" so that would give Mike's 80 lb bag .587 cu ft.....close enough :)

So how where does the rest of the weight per yard come from?

Dan's number of .5 cu ft per 80 bag underestimates the concrete yield "slightly" but in small batches; waste, form volume underestimation & form "leakage" can easily eat up that margin.

Cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I actually got this info here on quickrete spec sheet

Mikepier