Cabinet door overlay

3/4 ply for cabinets with 3/4" doors. If I use a 1/2 overlay ( which I think is standard) euro hinge like blum will my doors adjust out with small gaps like 1/8" etc? Or do I need to use a different size overlay? Im also concerned when 2 cabinets meet that the gap will be almost 1/2" between the doors as this would be way too big.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely, Rich

Reply to
Rich

I also meant to say that these are frameless cabinets.

Reply to
Rich

Reply to
user

With the Blum 120°+ hinge and 0 mm mounting plate, you will get a full overlay. That is, if you have two cabinet modules mounted together (3/4" side against 3/4" side with a door hinged to each side), you can get an 1/8 inch between two doors. If you have a door mounted on each side of a 3/4" bulkhead (twin overlay), you can use a 120° half-cranked hinge and 0 mm plate to get the 1/8" reveal. You would use a 4.5 mm boring distance from the edge of the door to the edge of the hinge hole. This gives a 17 mm and

7 mm overlays respectively with plenty of adjustment to get your exact reveal.

Preston

Reply to
Preston Andreas