Business Cards Express

What do u think about this?

Gio

Reply to
webmediaMI

Expensive. People have handed me these, and they make me nervous--too easy to scuff the data part.

Reply to
Charlie Self

Have I missed something? All I saw at that link was a printing service, and given that the prices were in Euros, one that I suspect is of little utility to us Leftpondians.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Yeah, because the rec is primarily intended for people in the USA. What?? Who cares what currency they used - this is just another spam that we should be ignoring (I know, this post isn't helping...)

Instead, let me hijack this thread and mention that I picked up an old "yankee screwdriver" from eBay recently. With some cleaning, and refinishing of the handle, and a few driver bits from Lee Valley, it works like a charm. Got me thinking - here's a tool that's probably 50 or 80 (or more) years old, and I'm happy to get my hands on it, and it has many years of use left in it. Alternatively, who's going to want my new Makita cordless drill/driver in even 10 years, much less 50 or

80? I guess the copper in the motor and the Ni and Ca in the batteries might be so scarce as to be valuable in 50 years, but it's essentially a disposable tool. Granted, it should last longer than the Craftsman it's replacing, and the quality of the drill should be good enough that it will be worth replacing the batteries when they die (even if that's not cost-effective compared to a whole new drill). Well, that seems to be the direction our culture is taking - why fix it when you can get a new one? Go ahead, fill up the landfills with cheap plastic imported from far away - if I don't see it any more, it's gone. My challenge to myself (and whoever else wants to listen): make do with what I have, buy things that will last, buy used if possible, and overall, be responsible with the resources I have. (Stepping off the soap box...) Andy
Reply to
Andy

Not much good for North America as the sizes are metric and not compatible with standard sizes in use in North America. Your business cards would not fit holders nor nest in a stack without edges sticking out.

Reply to
EXT

intended for people in the USA.

Reply to