Brushes for a Delta 36-220 CMS...

Install a relay, like the factory should have in the first place.

Another option is to do like I did with my Milwaukee Sawz-All when the pitman assembly broke. The service depot said parts no longer available. I said what model superceded this model? What's different on it? All the cases were the same - the motor was the same, but the entire piman assembly was different. Same case. Whats stopping me from putting in a whole new pitman assembly? I needed about 3/4 of it anyways - so the additional few parts to update to the new system ammounted to a few bucks.

The switch from a newer model may fit perfectly - or may require modifying a connector, or simply using a longer screw (I've had that happen too)

Reply to
clare

Another post with missing information. Where do you get the screw? Does it have to be Delta OEM? What if it is metric and I don't have a metric screwdriver. Can you post a link to a website with a work-around?

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

In the case of my milwaukee cutoff saw it was the opposite - The original handle parts were no longer available - so I installed the handle from the next version of the saw, and needed the screw from the old switch - if I remeber correctly which was missing from the broken handle. IIRC I ordered both screws because I didn't know which would be required. The new handle specified a different switch but the old one fit

I could have likely gotten away with a salvaged or hardware screw and a bit of tinkering but the OEM screws were available for something like a ridiculous $1.25 each .

Reply to
clare

LOL. You dot that too. :-)

Reply to
Leon

With your measurements confirming and adding to the accuracy of mine...I found brushes on eBay. Changing them restored the dynamic braking! 8^) Thanks again!

Reply to
Bob Villa

Good to hear BUT! Keep in mind you may have a short term fix. Unless your old brushes were actually almost worn out there was probably a cause for the brushes to fail prematurely.

Keep us posted!

Reply to
Leon