brush dilemna

hi...

I just found a couple of paint brushes that I used staining a cabinet a month of so ago. Well, I guess I forgot to clean them and now the bristles are rock hard. Is there anything I can do to salvage these brushes?

thanks...

Reply to
Ah10201

bottm two products are excellent...follow the directions and have "new" brushes.

Reply to
Wm Jones

There are specialized brush cleaning/rejuvenating solutions available at hardware stores.

Or you could try lacquer thinner for oil-based cleaning and ammonia or denatured alcohol for latex. Let them soak for a day or two and then use a series of containers with clean solvent to work the brush - progressing to clean.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

if all else fails, try soaking them in liquid fabric softener. sometimes it works...

randy

Reply to
xrongor