Brother Earl

Hoped I would never have to say this but we have lost our favorite "old man". My brother Earl passed away around midnight today. He would have been 86 in October and is 17 years older than I. My first memory of him was probably in 1942 in the living room of our home in Minneapolis, telling our father that he was going to join the Navy. I remember dad being upset but supportive.

He sold me my first floor standing power tool: a vintage 1939 or so scroll (originally jig) saw, a Craftsman with an 18 inch throat and a home built wood stand. This was over 50 years ago and I still have it, complete with original motor and drive belt. He was a woodworker and carpenter most of his life while earning a living in aerospace and later building and renovating apartments in Santa Barbara, CA.

He is survived by a ton of people that loved and respected him.

Go with God my friend.

Sigh, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

jo4hn wrote in news:ZcKdnfbmnoAuleXVnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@supernews.com:

My condolences, jo4hn. Earl will always be with you, and now, thanks to your post, he is with all of us. Glad to share your older brother with you.

Reply to
Han

Keep the memories alive through the younger family members. I'm in my late

50's with kids in their 30's who couldn't possibly remember their grandfather but do remember certain events via our reminders.

Prayers up for you and yours, jo4hn, Chuck

Reply to
C & E

The fact that you call him a friend speaks volumes. My condolences John.

Robatoy

Condolences. Sounds like you have many fond memories of a brother worthy of significant honor and respect.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Sorry for your loss, may his memories stay with you

Reply to
sweet sawdust

I can feel it all the way over here.

My condolences John.

He is going to a bigger and better woodshop now.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

He sounds like he was a helluva guy, John.

I am sorry for your loss, and hope the best for you, the rest of his family, and his many friends in this time.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

God has truly blessed you. He has given you almost 70 years of the joy that comes from being surrounded by special people, like your brother Earl. Although the separation can be heart-breaking, remember, he will be waiting for you with another very extraordinary carpenter.

Reply to
ron

My condolences, John. It never matters how long they lasted, they're still missed.

Reply to
Tanus

That's a good long ride.

Sorry he's gone but it sounds like he did his part while he was here.

jo4hn wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

That simple phrase speaks volumes.

My condolences.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Just wanted to say thanks for your prayers and good thoughts. We buried his body yesterday but not his soul or our memories. It's never easy though. jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn