Brexit - can we get rid of that potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

If Britain leaves the EU, does that mean we can have back our white oil based paint that doesn't yellow? And can we get rid of that bloody awful and potentially dangerous Edison Screw system?

Reply to
stvlcnc43

Sorry, that was meant for UK DIY!

Reply to
stvlcnc43

these are not unreasonable demands

Reply to
Electric Comet

Sounds like a plan.

Reply to
krw

I bite. ;~). What is better than the Edison Screw system? And why is it dangerous?

Reply to
Leon

Probably a bayonet base. Remember, the Brits use a balanced (ungrounded) 230V. The "shell" of the Edison base will be hot. Of course, with most lamps here in the US, there is a 50/50 chance that the shell will be hot, too. The solution is DON'T STICK YOUR FINGERS IN THE LIGHT SOCKET!". ;-)

Reply to
krw

A "bit" more exposure. But like you said, don't stick you finger in that hole, on either base. LOL

Reply to
Leon