Bracket Hardware from Lee Valley

Precisely the uneducated running a machine that they are ill qualified to do. Obama Care for example. If politicians and or management government workers were worth anything they would have real jobs.

Reply to
Leon

but they cannot make us call it that we can still call it what we want

but do get concerned when they call it the indianapolis 500 sponsored by harbor freight

Reply to
Electric Comet

Why are you so preoccupied with advertising? You brought money up, several times, in fact. Advertising == money. Festool == money.

What *are* you going on about now? Deflate-gate? What a non-story!

Reply to
krw

Evidently not. You're always offended by something. It's consuming you.

"If I were king, you would obey *me*. You're a totalitarian (lefty). Got it.

Reply to
krw

Exactly. Once you give the government power, it *will* be used against you.

Reply to
krw

If I were a driver, I'd certainly be concerned! ;-)

Reply to
krw

And you assume they'd get better without regulation? What have you been smoking?

Government has been defined, correctly in my opinion, as a "necessary evil". There's a reason why it's necessary - if you can't grasp that, you live in a fantasy world.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

It is not so much the regulation being the problem as the entity that is regulating it. So effectively the regulation is a wash at best, you "get on paper" from the regulation and loose money from the inefficiency, incompetency, bureaucracy, and corruption of the regulator/enforcer.

It would be far better to be regulated by a private entity.

Reply to
Leon

Yes, in fact, I think they would get better. There would be more competition for my business.

It's only necessary for a very few functions that can't be done any other way (almost entirely safety related).

Reply to
krw

Enjoyed that $9,513.75 that came out of the taxes that you _personally_ paid since 2008 that went to bail out the second most government regulated industry in existence, not to mention all that interest you get on your savings, and the fees you get soaked with, eh?

"Fantasy world", indeed ...

Reply to
Swingman

Leon emails me at least twice a week to tell me about Festool products and how he uses them. I've tried to unsubscribe but they just keep coming. I think Festool pays 2¢ him for every email I open.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

You were not suppose to let the cat out of the bag. LOL

Reply to
Leon

And, this is where all your money goes ...

Swingman

And perhaps you didn't notice that it was the *relaxation* of regulations that caused the banking/mortgage crisis?

And a lack of regulation that resulted in all those polluted Superfund sites? Competition didn't seem to have any effect there.

A long time ago, Will Rogers said we had the best government money could buy. Nothing has changed.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

And all this time we thought it was the government guaranteeing loans to those that absolutely did not qualify but because they could not keep up with the Jones the government said give it to them anyway.

And again, let the private sector do the policing because no one is proud of the results when the government jumps in the deep end.

Reply to
Leon

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:n8rirk$6kr$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

What about things like the Staggers act? Regulation was sifleing the railroads and relaxation of certain regulations allowed them to become competitive and healthy.

Relaxing and implementing regulations is an ax. You can do surprisingly good work with it, but you can also cut off the very thing you need to survive.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Reading comprehension with the term "regulatory capture"?

Look it up, learn something, and leave the fantasy world behind ... it's reality.

Reply to
Swingman

The only trouble maker here...

Reply to
Bill

Nonsense. It was government meddling that caused the crisis. Fannie and Freddie were dead-center in that mess.

Much of that wasn't known at the time.

Oh, yes it has! It's gotten *much* larger. ...and even less competent.

Reply to
krw

??

Reply to