Bostitch Finish Nailer 15-gauge oil free angled mag. Any good?

Anyone used one of these. Is it a good nailer? It is far cheaper than the Porter Cable and the PC is not oil free.

WendelC

Yes, I've used the Bostitch. Looks nice, works well... for a short time. A little bit like buying a Yugo. Everything seems ok until you get it off the lot. I really prefer the Paslode. They are platform specific, meaning they use Paslode, and only Paslode hardware, but they are very reliable.

Don't know the price difference between the Paslode and the Bostitch. If the Paslode costs 4 x the Bostitch and lasts 35 years with little to no problems (my experience), and the Bostitch lasts

7 months (my experience), the the Paslode was an incredible bargain. At 30 - 35 years old, the Paslode may sell used for what it cost new then.

-Rick

Reply to
Sbtypesetter

I doubt I'll be doing any woodworking in 15 years let alone 35. If the Bostitch only lasts 7 months then it's perfect. Canadian Tire will replace it every 7 months forever. But seriously, I can barely afford the Bostitch and it will be used around the house and in a hobby workshop. It's either the Bostitch or the PC. The PC however uses oil and I do sometimes have spotting problems with my PC brad nailer. Frankly I have never seen a Paslode in Canada.

Reply to
WendelC

Then you've never been to Rona or Home Depot, and possibly others, in Canada :) They carry the full range.

Jimbo

Reply to
Jimbo

If you are having problems with spotting (that word makes me queasy) you are oiling WAY too much. I have owned PC, Bostitch, Senco, and other guns and the recommended oiling intervals would mean that you, in your "around the house and hobby workshop" life to use your words, would perhaps only have to oil a gun once or twice in your lifetime. When a gun has "oil daily" stamped in the casting that means daily when used by someone in the biz who is shooting the thing all day. You could perhaps say every 10 boxes of nails you give it a drop or two. I would venture to guess you figured to extend the life of your tool you would oil it often but thats actually worse for the gun from what I have been told. I spoke with a certified repair tech for bostich, Pasload, Senco, etc. and he told me one of the worst things you can do to a gun is over oil it.

Mark

Reply to
Mark & Shauna