Bisquit joiner revisited.

That was a LOT of input. Thank you so much.

I made some trips to tool stores. Poked, prodded, fondled, felt, rubbed and smelled a lot of bisquit joiners;

I see what those in support of the PC fence mean, it really isn't all that complicated. I had a chance to spend a little time with it and it seems just fine. I made the 'complicated'observation from a distance, 'cuz it 'looks' a bit 'different'. The stuff a guy can learn around here. (including a BC-hair's worth of humility..*G*) Having said all that... none of the ones I played with have the feel of the Lamello. Plain and simple. The Lamello feels like machinery, the rest of them feel like tools.

I (mentally) buy two packs of cigarettes every day and then bring them back for the cash and throw that money into a imaginary bank account. I have been doing that since Oct 26 2002...adds up. I guess I will have to NOT smoke for a while longer before I buy the Lamello....not sure which model...probably the Classic.

...and HOW-the-hell that vertical motor Ryobi cookie cutter made it to market, I will never know. Surely the rest of their tools aren't that bad, are they? There was more than a 'fairy fart' of play in that sucker..

Again, thank you gents.

Rob

PS... on a quest for a handy, portable saw, I stumbled upon the Ridgid TS 2400. Looked right, 3 year warranty, 90 days to try...I took one home. I'll keep the NG posted when I write down some of my observations.

It is NOT my SCM 12" sliding table scoring saw...(which I sold along with the milwork business)

Reply to
sandman

the Lamello. Plain and simple. The Lamello feels like machinery, the rest of them feel like tools.

Trust me you WANT the Lamello....and you want to use Lamello Biscuits, even IF they now cost $40 a box.

Reply to
Rumpty

Didn't PC change their fence in response to user issues?

Yes, I want the Lemello. I bought the PC.

Reply to
U-CDK_CHARLES\Charles

Charles Krug responds:

No. Law suit issues. According to Dewalt, the basics of the design were the same as those in their biscuit joiner. The courts agreed. PC changed theirs.

Charlie Self "Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind." George Orwell

Reply to
Charlie Self

And then changed them again. Type III, IIRC.

Reply to
Leon