Birch Plywood For Painted Book Case - $50 vs. $75

On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 16:14:03 GMT, Iggy

Iggy, Usenet existed LONG before Moaner's net and is actually a separate entity from the world wide web. Your "moaners" group "harvests" messages from Usenet - definitely NOT the otherway around -. There are thousands of "news groups" on usenet - which are hiosted on " news servers" - technically NMTP servers - differentiated from the HTPP servers of the world wide web and the SMPT servers of the e-mail world.
Another subject you need to educate yourself on.

^^^^ NNTP (Network News Transfer Protocol)

snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

^^^^ HTTP ^^^^ SMTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) ;-)

On Mon, 13 Nov 2017 00:08:41 +0000, Spalted Walt

I didn't even notice the other spelling errors. ;-)
On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 15:44:04 GMT, Iggy

You're lying but, then, I'm not telling anyone anything they don't already know.
On Sat, 11 Nov 2017 11:38:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

There is a difference between lying and ignorance. When lying you know what you are saying is not true. With ignorance, you are totally ignorant of the truth and the fact you are wrong.
Staying ignorant, however, takes tenacity when those who DO know attempt to educate you.
There are those who are ignorant by default, and then there are those who insist on remaining that way.
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 1:32:35 PM UTC-5, Clare Snyder wrote:

Wait, Iggy knows everything there is to know about the internet. Remember when he said "My posts commonly get lost lately. The only way to push them out is to post an empty...sometimes 2, as in this case."
Well, that stopped as soon as I asked him about it, so I guess Iggy fixed the World Wide Web. Either that or he stopped shilling for HOH.

In this case, he's lying.

Of course. He's lying.

He is pig ignorant but that doesn't mean he's not lying.

It then becomes a lie.

There are only two states, then. Liar (even to himself) or stupid. I vote "all of the above".
On Thu, 9 Nov 2017 11:34:50 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

Forget it. You have a better chance of teaching the Comet how to punctuate.
replying to krw, Iggy wrote: I will not be assimilated.
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 9:30:49 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

Neither one is a "teaching" issue. Each one knows exactly what he is doing and simply chooses to be a dick about it.
On 11/9/17 8:41 AM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Exactly. I was about to reply but then I was like, "no, what good would it do?"
--

-MIKE-

On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 10:55:11 AM UTC-5, -MIKE- wrote:

Well, it might help the OP who is trying to learn about birch plywood.
Besides, it'll definitely be fun to watch. ;-)
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 14:41:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

You start with an arc welder. :)
On Thursday, November 9, 2017 at 8:14:08 AM UTC-5, Iggy wrote:

Why do you snip our posts to such an extent that there absolutely no context left?
On 11/9/2017 1:34 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This question, which will never be answered to your satisfaction, is annoying to the rest of us. ;~(

All things considered, I think I'd rather have the context and the poster restricted to the characters a-z and space.
Puckdropper

Best just ignore Iggy, do not quote respond to him. A kind of a PISS on him (yeah it is an acronym).
On 11/8/2017 5:45 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Most likely the quality if the inner ply's is going to be the price difference. And or if it is stain quality or simply paint quality.
I would not advise using 5/8", probably strong enough but IMHO not enough savings to offset the extra effort of dealing with different thicknesses of wood and plywood.
On 11/8/2017 11:25 PM, Leon wrote:

If you are going to be painting it, do yourself a favor and check out MDO plywood. The surface is far smoother than veneer and paints beautifully. 3/4" for the carcase may be overkill since the forces are cross-surface but it certainly can't hurt. For the shelves 3/4" alone probably won't be sufficient if you are actually going to put books on the shelves so plan on some form of stiffening (or center support).