Biesemeyer Fence on Unisaw

I was under the impression that the faces on the Biesemeyer fence were removable. I thought I saw them, on one of the shows, tap the end of the face and it became unlocked. Was I looking at something different or do I just need to do something else to remove the face. I wanted to do this so I could make some sacrificial fences.

Reply to
sdppm

I don't think that the faces of the Biesemeyer fence are removable. I believe that the faces are attached (aka screwed to the main structure) and then the white laminate is installed. At least this is my understanding...I could be wrong.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

You are correct.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

Place your sacrificial fence next to the Bies fence. You won't be able to non-destructively remove the Bies fence (the screws are under the laminate). I put sac fences against my bies with no problem. why can't you do that?

Dave

Reply to
David

Same here. Just a simple strip of waxed MDF is all it takes. Simply clamp both ends to the existing fence, above the path of the work.

I use mine so often, that I keep it hanging next to the saw. To save time on built-ins and cabinets, I'll often set my saw up for a 3/4" dado and use the sac fences to use the same setup to cut 1/4" and 3/8" rabbets, without wasting time altering the stack.

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

that's what I use: a shellacked & waxed 3/4 piece of MDF with a hole in one end to hang it on the wall. Almost as flat as my LV steel straight-edge! (Just kidding, Robin, but it's close)

Dave

Reply to
David

I put a piece on either side, joined the with some cross pieces and it slips over top. Sort of an inverted U shape.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Thanks for the quick response. I dont know what I was looking at, must of been a knockoff of the biesemeyer

Reply to
sdppm

You may have been looking at the HTC fence, as seen here

believe it fits on the same rails as the bies. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Wilcox

I believe you're thinking of the HTC 900 series fence. See:

no(SPAM)vasys

Yes they are removable but not taped off. That is a HTC and/or Jet/Powermatic style fence.

On the Biesemeyer fence you have to heat the laminated sides with a heat gun to loosen the adhesive and then peel the side off. Once off the screws are exposed and can be removed.

Reply to
Leon

Probably the fence made by HTC, which comes on the Jet JTAS. That's what I have, and It's a snap to swap custom-made fences.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett