Best Shoes for Concrete Shop Floor

Y'know, they do call it 'book-binder twine' for a =reason=. *snicker*

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Whatever you find comfortable, try sorbothane insoles in it...

Reply to
George

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 23:25:52 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" calmly ranted:

Inserts always ride up/down/sideways/out of place. I found the perfect shoe for my flat feet was the Reebok Classic Nylon (or the Saucony Jazz/Shadow) with over an inch of sponge rubber underfoot. NICE!

I just got 2 more pairs of Reeboks from

last month for under $60 on sale with free shipping.

SAS made a nice men's walking shoe which is nearly as comfy, as does Hush Puppy. All have spongy soles which work in lieu of cow mats.

------------------------------------------------------ No matter how hard you try, you cannot baptize a cat. ----------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development ---------------------------------------------------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

William Holden, Stalag 17

Reply to
Rudy

Larry Jaques proclaimed... "Inserts always ride up/down/sideways/out of place."

Isn't that why they make carpet tape?

Tillman

Go Dubya!!! Bush 2004

Reply to
tillius

how about Propet shoes.. i get the black color LifeWalkers on the internet and they work great... i ran across them in a Sporting goods store in a shopping mall years ago.. they were like $49.95 and always on sale for $29.95 at this store. well the store went out of business and i then had to get them on the internet.. i have found them on sale on the internet for $29.95 one time.. then had to get them for $39.95 and then $49.95.... they are worth it.. i tried the reboks and others and found these non advertised shoes alot better for the money than those other paid althlete sponsored shoes....

Reply to
dbird

Charlie hollered:

Indeed, I agree...

...extremely comfortable, no sense of fatigue or pain at the end of the day, doing the concrete conga . Which was common with other above mentioned products. IMO they're great tool ....

Cheers,

aw

Reply to
A Dubya

Well, I don't get ignored by the sales clerks! Bail costs are getting a little over-budget, 'though. 8-)

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

My feet and joints were killing me the first few months after putting together a shop and working in it for several hours a day on weekends. I bought a matt to put in front of the table saw and drill press. The relief I got was profound. I purchased the interlocking rubber matts available at Lowe's.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Davis

I second the steel-toe. I did landscraping as a summer-job in high school. You could wear shorts, but you had to have steel-toes. Not wanting to wear boots with shorts, I got a pair of steel-toed sneakers and loved the things. Kept them around for quite a few years, including when I was a bouncer/barback in college. Only time I "Used" the steel-toe was when I dropped a sweaty keg on my toe.

Here's a quick link I found using Froogle. I've never used the site, just providing a picture of a shoe:

Jay

Mon, Jun 21, 2004, 11:57pm snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jay=A0Pique) who doesn't want to be barefoot anymore, asks: I've googled

If it's your own shop, I'd put down cow mats, or let the sawdust build up a bit.

JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count.

- Bazooka Joe

Reply to
J T

I have known a few people that seem to like those but I could never see it. To me, combat boots were near the worst thing I ever wore. After basic training, I chucked mine. You couldn't give me a pair of those now. Wear Wolverines now. Spend 10 hours a day on concrete. No problem.

Reply to
CW

I tend to be that way myself. About a year and the shoe/boot is gone. I think it has something to do with the shape of the foot nd the way you walk.

Reply to
CW

If you want to find comfortable boots look to what Letter Carriers or Police Officers wear. Rocky, or Bates..... Danner boots are incredible if you can afford the cha-ching. Just about everybody on the force wears one of those three.

I have a 2 pair of Bates' I picked up on sale at the Exchange, and I alternate them daily. I think that is the most important thing you cna do. Gives them a chance to dry out and they don't get funky. They have been through hell and back and barely show it. A quick buff in the morning before roll-call and the are ready for another day.

-- J G

Reply to
J G

Possibly yours didn't fit right? I dunno, but mine feel great.

Doug Miller