Best finish

What's the best finish for a hardwood breadboard, some sort of oil?

Reply to
Martin Wilson

Mineral oil. Don't use vegetable oil as it can turn rancid.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'll Second mineral oil. I made some boards from Oak, Maple, Ash and Walnut last year and was very pleased with the appearance after about three coats of Mineral Oil - very attractive.

Only diadvantages - You will have to renew occasionally, but usually takes a few minutes. As with any product like this keep it away from the diswasher.

Reply to
RonB

You can obtain mineral oil at the corner drug store.

Thunder

Reply to
Rolling Thunder

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.