Beginners Poly Application/Tack Cloth question

That would be silicon oil.

Reply to
Michael Joel

Yes, probably.

-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Possibly oversanded or merely wiped off with rubber glove.

Right, no big.

Precisely. Another wipe-on coat should have hidden it immediately. If not, he might have a contaminant in the finish IF it wasn't there before (and after) the -first- coat.

-- Another belief of mine: that everyone else my age is an adult, whereas I am merely in disguise. -- Margaret Atwood

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, I tried two further coats (which didn't hide the small "crater"). Very minimal sanding with 1200-grit sanded the blemish perfectly smoothe.

I'm sure I will find the technique" very helpful again.

Jeff Jewitt's book, "Taunton's Complete Illustrated Guide to Finishing" is on my list of books to watch for.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

His _Hand Applied Finishes_ is my bible.