Bathroom vanity

I have finally finished the woodworking part of this vanity for my bathroom. (ABPW) It is made from walnut.

I plan on making a hammered copper sink, (any tips?) for it and the topping it with a granite top.

Progress pictures here:

Teamcasa

Looks good so far. Be sure to post the finished part.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I'm contemplating making vanities for our new bathrooms. Let's just say that yours is a bit nicer than what I had in mind.

I'd start with a sheet of copper and a hammer. The rest is left as an exercise for the reader. ;-)

That will look great. For our new bathroom, I'm contemplating a soapstone top. I saw a kitchen display at Expo that used it and I thought it looked awesome. For a kitchen, it has some upkeep issues, but it might work out in the bathroom for me.

todd

Reply to
Todd Fatheree

You will need a method of annealing the copper since it will 'work harden' after being hammered. And you need a pickling solution to quench the metal and remove the surface oxidation.

If you planned method is to stretch the copper you will want to start with a fairly heavy guage.

Use a polished hammer and consider a specialty hammer for copperwork.

Reply to
marks542004

Will do.

Teamcasa

I'm hoping I can find more information on this - any links to pages you know of? Dave

Teamcasa

point your newsreader over to rec.crafts.metalworking. it's a large active group.

Reply to
bridger

Snip

I've lurker there for many years, there is some good stuff in the archives but ya never know- maybe something new is a foot! Thanks, Dave

Teamcasa