Bar Building - Flamingo Lounge

I've agreed to fabricate and install a wooden foot rail on a friend's bar. Initially I thought he simply wanted me to intall a metal rail, but he now wants a "Jay Pique Original" or something like that.

I'm toying with the idea of slicing the weathered edge off of some oak barnwood, and finishing the freshly exposed surface - which will be the top of the rail. What I'm looking for is some type of bracket into or onto which said wooden foot rail will attach.

Any ideas?

JP

******************** Next on the list: blacksmithing.
Reply to
Jay Pique

I've been thinking a bit, and what I might do is take a spoke shave and round the ends to 1.5" so they'll fit into "standard" bar rail brackets. Maybe...

JP

***************** Too big...proportionally?
Reply to
Jay Pique

Don't know how big your piece of oak will be Jay, but there are common handrail brackets available at almost every hardware store. They're made to mount a handrail a couple of inches from the wall. If you need more than that you can look at places that supply bars - I'm sure you'd find like items there.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

WoodchuckCanuck