bandsaw

#############

This is an 18" bandsaw that Matthias Wandel built from scratch. He also has a video showing the bandsaw in operation.

papadoo1

he's the best!!!

shelly

Reply to
smandel

I wish I could buy one of his box joint jigs but I would prefre metal or plastic gears. I think someone could market that thing if they went into production.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I wish I could buy one of his box joint jigs but I would prefre metal or plastic gears. I think someone could market that thing if they went into production.

There is another one out there, been around for years, that uses a screw instead of gears. I'll try to find it again.

Reply to
CW

He has one that uses a screw as well as the one that uses gears. And an NC version of that one.

However the original Incra jig is 67 bucks from Rockler and does a fine job as a positioner for box joints--it's actually happier on the table saw where you have precise control of the cut width than on the router table where you're at the mercy of the tolerances in router bit dimensions.

Just a matter of making up an appropriate sled and adjusting your dado width precisely.

Reply to
J. Clarke