Baby Cradle that converts to a Love seat.

When folks post here asking for baby cradle plans JOAT typically advises them to make a rocking chair instead.

Probably good advice.

However when looking for cradle plans I ran across several people selling these:

's a cradle with glider movement, rather than rocking movement, that converts to a gliding Love Seat.

Looks like a winner to me.

At those prices it doesn't pay to make one instead of buying, but this is rec.woodworking, not biz.woodworking so I thought I'd ask if anyone knows where there may be plans for making one like it. Barring that I may just buy one and duplicate it in cherry or curly maple and with good hardware.

I also remember that once upon a time there were plans for a 'double rocking cradle'. That's my word for a treslte cradle with the trestle on rockers linstead of flat on the floor.

They look like they would fall right over dumping the kid on the floor, but folks who made them (and I no longer am in contact with them) say they were not unstable. I think the motion would be similar to a glider.

But I haven't been able to find plans for those either.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, and before you ask, no I didn't knock anyone up. I will soon be an uncle.

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt

snip

Love seat to cradle: what divine logic!