article on DP honing wheel using MDF

About 6-8 weeks ago I read a tip/technique article about making a 1.5" thick, 8"dia wheel from glued up MDF to use in a drill press to hone chisels.

I've searched my mags and the Internet intensively but can't locate that article. I'd like to build it, but I need the plans.

The key info I'm missing is how to fabricate 1) the router baseplate that is used to trim/balance the wheel and 2) the axle key pin to lock the wheel to the shaft.

I would appreciate if someone could point me to that article.

Thanks,

-dnk-

Reply to
David N. King

ShopNotes, Issue 61, January 2002, page 18.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde