AOL admin address

On 27 May 2004 23:49:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) stated wide-eyed, with arms akimbo:

At least your -wife- is sane. G'luck on the trip.

- Yea, though I walk through the valley of Minwax, I shall stain no Cherry.

Larry Jaques

Dave Hinz responds:

Well, that they won't do. Once they're cancelled, they're gone. I just instruct may bank to refuse ANY requests for payment from them, which I will do the same day I cancel.

Charlie Self

you *can* dicker with them. tell them for $1000 you will sign up for an email only account.....

Reply to
bridger

Most banks charge at least $15 for a stop pay.

I doubt it.

Have a nice week...

Trent©

Trent©

When I dropped AOL They kept billing me, even after two phone calls to disconnect. My credit card company seemed reluctant to help to, so I closed the credit card account! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Greg O responds:

But that seems to be a characteristic of these companies. I've dropped 3 that were unsuitable and in all cases have had to have the credit card company refuse payment several times before the message got through. They all make it as hard as possible for you to find the information that lets you quit, then they keep billing after you quit.

Charlie Self

Sort of the reverse of AT&T. They really hate to lose your business. I finally got about halfway intelligent & quit them 3-4 mo. ago. Since then I've received a check of about $65 every mo. The "hook" - - if I sign & cash it, I'm automatically re-accepting AT&T as my LD carrier. I love my shredder!

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Really?? You can have ours. Assuming Peg can drive from Wisconsin to West Virginia without wrecking another state owned vehicle.

Joe

Reply to
BIG JOE

Now come on, she only had two drinks. How that got her to, what, .12 was it, is a mystery.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz responds:

Is she tiny? Say, 4' tall and 65 pounds?

Charlie Self

She shouldn't have a problem since, according to her, Wisconsin is only 8 miles from West Virginia. ;)

Greets from another 'sconsinite! Mark

Reply to
Werlax