Anyone use Ichthammol ointment for removing slinter / sliver?

-------------------------------------

Mikley likes it.

Me too.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:13:29 -0700 (PDT), the infamous RP scrawled the following:

I've found that almost any greasy substance will work well as a drawing salve for slivers of most substances. I used to use only specific drawing salves or triple antibiotic ointment, but a few times I've been out, so I put on some regular old Vaseline. It worked extremely well, too. It may just be that anything which restricts oxygen to the wound will encourage antibody/pus production.

-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:45:10 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn scrawled the following:

Try it now. I happily drink a gulp every morning. Nifty lemon-lime flavoring. It's barely oily and has no fishy smell at all. I love the new "molecularly distilled" stuff.

Nature's Answer, Liquid Norwegian Cod Liver Oil, Lemon Lime Flavor, 16 fl oz (480 ml) $14.94 at

, my fave discount herb shop.

-- ...in order that a man may be happy, it is necessary that he should not only be capable of his work, but a good judge of his work. -- John Ruskin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Used to use it when I was young. My folks swore by it. I don't know, I guess it worked some of the time, it did help loosen things up.

If you've got swelling and aren't seeing the splinter, it may be time to suck it up and visit a doctor. (No, I don't make that statement lightly, I resist with every ounce of my being having to visit a doc, but sometimes you just gotta do it)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

A while back after dealing with a particularly recalcitrant splinter, I got one of these . The forceps are crap but the probe is excellent.

Reply to
J. Clarke

----------------------------- Have a .410 single shot shotgun and shot a fair amount of game with it in years past.

Nice light weight weapon.

Never realized there was a .410 pistol.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

This one was pretty old, but they were around a lot when I was a kid. They are probably illegal now. I vaguely recall that if they have a smooth bore they are classified as shotguns and thus the barrel would be considered a sawed-off.

Reply to
Swingman

Taurus makes a .410 pistol. It shoots a .410 shotshell and a .45 colt.

It would be a very close up kind of weapon. The spread on that would be crazy. Maybe snakes?

Lee Michaels

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:25:17 -0700, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

DUCK!

wot?

The Taurus Judge looks like a sweet little wrist breaker.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

ast.com/Taurus-Judge.htm

Redefines close quarters. Like useful inside a Mini Cooper when confronted by a dangerous passenger. But I bet is sounds impressive.

Reply to
Robatoy