Anyone own Ryobi's BTS20 wheeled portable table saw?

Still looking for a entry level saw. I see that Home Depot has the BTS20 for approx $200. I know that this is not a great saw and probably not a terrible one. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who actually has used one. I will be buying a saw for small home projects and don't need a big "good contractor" saw. On the other hand I would like to get the most bang for the buck in the $200-300 price range. Looked at the Delta TS300 which I really liked but I don't have the room for it. I also checked out the Hitachi C10RA2 from Lowes ($300) but don't like the cheap miter slot setup. So...... any comments appreciated.

-TIA

Reply to
buck

I have had mine for a little less than a year and have been satisfied with it. Not a bad little saw for what it is.

Reply to
Bob At Home

"buck" wrote in news:bd668$41e1f2f2$42a7a8d5$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

I used one on and off for a few months that a fellow finish carpenter had purchased and it seemed to hold up pretty well. He also let a few other job site idiots use it and they couldn't seem to wreck it, despite all their attempts. I don't remember any real drawbacks to the unit. Fence seemed pretty nice. Onboard storage for miter gauge and fence IIRC. Big table too. If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer model. There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Good Luck, Russ P.

Reply to
Russ Penrose

Russ..... If you're half-assed serious, you should try to buy a little nicer model. There's nicer one's out there for a little more $$$.

Seeing the Ryobi is selling for $200 what nicer ones would you say are available for a "little more money-say $100"?

-thanks

Reply to
buck

I have this saw, very happy with it. And the price has come down since I bought mine..... I like the portability, lightweight and easy setup. Cuts straight, lot's of power surprisingly....

Reply to
Johnboy