Anyone know how to get lower postage rate from Canada to the US?

I'd like to order a small part inexpensive part ($6 for the part, which could easily fit into a letter envelope and weighs no more than two sheets of paper) for a stationary belt sander from Mastercraft, a Canadian company, but they want to charge $16 to ship it to TN in the US. Has anyone else encountered this problem and been able to find a more reasonable cost to post?

Thanks, H

Reply to
hylourgos

The hylourgos entity posted thusly:

Well, let's see.. Mastercraft is a house brand of Canadian Tire. If it's a part that's available from a Canadian Tire retail outlet, I'm sure some nice Canuck would be glad to help. If it's available only from Mastercraft itself, the same applies, but the cost might be higher than in the first scenario.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

Now you know what us Canucks face when ordering from the US. Either it's crazy shipping costs, or even worse, "Sorry, we don't sell to Canada." (@!#$# Grizzly....)

I've got a Canadian Tire in town. If the part is available at there, I could pick it up and send it.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen