anyone have any free plans for a billiard chair?

A friend of mine and I are interested in building a couple of billiard chairs so that we can have something to sit on while playing pool. Hopefully he will be sitting down more than me.

Don't know if you've seen them but they have a notch in them where you can rest the pool stick and sometimes have a hole in the arm or a place to set a beverage (beer).

thanks for any info,

steve

Reply to
Steve

JGS

Someone could go with that, but my preference would be to design my own. I'd incorporate support for a beverage, maybe a small tray for snack food and make it swing away or fold down when it's not in use. A small slot for holding the butt end of a cue would be easy to make. The great part about it is that it could be a one of a kind, unique construction that no one else owns. To me anyway, that's what woodworking is about about, making that special item.

Reply to
Upscale

Steve,

I have a couple of the stools you mention. The ones with coasters and notches builtin. A bought them with my pool table long before I was ever involved with woodworking. Looking at them now, there fairly simply engineered. Go into a billard supply store and take a look at thiers, it should be easy to sketch down enough info to build them. Mine are just fairly square stock, with notched plowed out to put the pieces together. Assemply seems to held together with glue and screws and then the screw holes were plugged.

If that doesn't work for you, let me know and I'll draw you a quick diagram this weekend and post it.

Jo

Reply to
John