Anyone have a JDS Dust-Force dust collector?

It's time to upgrade from the ol' Shop-Vac, and I'm purely a hobbyist. I'd love an Oneida, but the budget just doesn't have an Onieda in it.

I know the JDS Dust-force is an electrical pig, pulling 16 amps at start-up on 110v. I've got 20-amp outlets, so I'm not terribly worried about that. (Besides, all my big iron is on 220v)

The specs on it are excellent:

1.5 hp 77 db 12" static pressure 1250 CFM 99+% at 1 micron

Does anyone have any experience with one yet?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
wood_newbie

No input on what you are looking at, but here is some good info for dust collection.

vdubbs

I have one and, apart from aparently being rolled end-over-end during transit, it works very well. I've mostly used it in a non-standard way so far. I'm demoing some interior and I have the JDS in the garage with 50' of cheap-o 4" hose run into the house to collect dust from the sawzall, circular saw, router, etc. and it works really well. My garage is currently wired with 15A breakers and I don't think it's tripped one yet (I was worried about that happening but so far, so good). HTH

Regards, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thanks you two...I'm going to pick one up at Woodcraft this week!

Reply to
wood_newbie

I have one and I like it alot. Highly reccomend. SH

Reply to
Slowhand