Any tips for patching a knot hole in a fence?

replying to McKenzie, hello wrote: I'm thinking get some fence feather-edge board of similar dimensions and mark and cut-out a piece of wood that roughly fits each hole. Use a foam expanding adhesive like Gorilla Glue and place it around the piece and fit in the hole. Secure with masking tape while it sets.

Reply to
hello

replying to Carmella, Kenneth Brian Matthews wrote: What I do to fill fence knot holes is quite simple. Get a Cork, if it is too big for the hole it can be quite easily pared down with a sharp knife to a tight fit. Next apply some wood glue around the area that touches the wood or round the hole itself. Get a good close fit first before applying glue. Push firmly into the hole, not too hard or you will push the Cork right through. Leave the glue to set. Fill round the edge with a non setting external filler. When dry paint. It works well and solves the problem

Reply to
Kenneth Brian Matthews